"Jesus said, ... I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." ~ John 14:6

"Neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow." ~ I Corinthians 3:7

Fathers have a huge impact in the home

Be it spiritual, emotional or physical, the impact of our earthly Father in the home is substantial.

I came across an article (click on the link to read it its entirety) - 10 Good Bible Verses for Fathers This Father's Day by Crystal McDowell, of Bloomington, Ill. She is a weekly staff writer for What Christians Want To Know and writes her own blog at Crystal McDowell Speaks.

A good father ... loves
"But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation." - Psalm 13:5

A good father ... listens
"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer." - Psalm 66:19


A good father ... encourages
"You, Lord, hear the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them, and you listen to their cry." - Psalm 10:17

A good father ... protects 
"For the Lord your God moves about in your camp to protect you." - Deuteronomy 23:14

A good father ... provides 

"So Abraham called that place The Lord Will Provide." - Genesis 22:14

A good father ... leads 
"Teach me your way, Lord; lead me in a straight path because of my oppressors." - Psalm 27:11

A good father ... understands 

"Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit." - Psalm 147:5

A good father ... forgives 

"You, Lord, are forgiving and good, abounding in love to all who call to you." - Psalm 86:5


A good father ... teaches
"Come, my children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the Lord." - Psalm 34:11

A good father ... never gives us  
"The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise, as some understand slowness. Instead He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." - 1 Peter 3:9